- Lysanne Richard
- Date of Birth:
- Resides in:
- Montreal, Canada
"I've trained a lot, I improved, I am confident," the 162cm small powerhouse says about the upcoming season, "this is what I want to do; I am where I want me to be. I am grateful for this adventure. We will have the time of our life!"
Lysanne Richard injured her neck right before 2017's season kick-off, causing her to miss out on the whole World Series. However, due to injury policy the 36-year-old's permanent status remains untouched and the cliff diving community can hope for a successful comeback in 2018.
"The first things I look for at any pool are the springboards." Well, obviously this habit is a friendly helper for her success. Out of her six podium finishes in 11 starts two went straight to the top
Coming almost out of nowhere, Richard took the challenges of propelling herself from the 21m-platform in acrobatic grace with a smile and was definitely a main challenger for the 2017 Women's World Series title. As a graduate from the National Circus School of Montreal, the lively Canadian is more than capable of juggling her job as a character and acrobat at Cirque du Soleil, being a successful cliff diver and three-time mom - the craziest thing she's ever 'done'.
• 2016 - 1st Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Polignano a Mare (ITA) and Mostar (BIH)
• 2016 - Winner High Diving World Cup
• 2015 - 2nd Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Texas (USA, wildcard)
• 2014 - 8th Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Yucatán (MEX, wildcard)
• 2011 - Women winner Tuxtla
• 2004 - Graduate from National Circus School of Montreal
• Character and acrobat with Cirque du Soleil, since 2005 till today
• Circus and high diving shows in Canada, United States, Bermuda, Mexico, Dominican Republic, France, Spain, Italy, Russia, Scotland, Oman and Japan
Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series ranking
2016 - 2nd overall
2015 - 5th (wildcard)
2014 - 9th (wildcard)