- Sergio Guzman
- Date of Birth:
- Resides in:
- Mexico City
"I have not lost the ability to jump in the water like a 'regular' person, I just learned how to fall in style," Sergio Guzman says. His style has taken him quite far already, as the Mexican once invited his girlfriend to a diving show and dedicated the highest dive to her – the rest is history: the two are now married and parents of a cute baby girl.
Also in the world of cliff diving has this young man left quite a mark, when he became the first ever invitee to finish on the podium – 2nd place for the Mexican in only his fourth showing and, to top it off, he secured his first win in the all-natural setting of Shirahama, Japan, in 2017. After a slow start into his first full season the 27-year-old gradually worked his way up in the standings to surprise cliff diving's best by adding his name to the elite list of competition winners.
The passionate and talented dancer didn't have the best season in 2017, finishing outside the top 10 and losing his permanent status.
• 2016 - 1st Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Shirahama (JPN)
• 2016 - 6th place FINA World Cup Abu Dhabi (UAE)
• 2015 - 2nd Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Mostar (BIH), first wildcard on the podium
• 2015 - 8th qualification competition Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Cali (COL)
• 2014 - qualified for the World Cup in Kazan, Russia
Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series ranking
2016 - 6th overall
2015 - 10th overall (as a wildcard)