- Michal Navratil
- Date of Birth:
- Czech Republic
- Resides in:
- Prague, Czech Republic
11 years on the World Series, debut back-to-back wins at the 53rd attempt, numerous red-caped Superman dives from 27 meters and the most outstanding 'crowd control' as Gary Hunt calls it – that's Michal Navratil in a nutshell.
The energetic model athlete, who needs the spectators' energy as much as he needs the air to breathe to fully exploit his diving potential, achieved the 4th overall rank in 2018, despite missing one stop.
The 33-year-old had the best possible reason to do so: his firstborn came into the world during the competition in Denmark. Back on the 27m platform, the 2017 FINA world champion runner-up came back with a 2nd place in Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
With no sign of competition-fatigue, the man from the Czech Republic who does handstands and push-ups wherever and whenever he can, will continue working on his preferred news headline: Michal Navratil won the Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series!
• 7-time Czech high diving champion
• 2017 - 2nd FINA High Diving World Championships
• 2016 - 1st Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Pembrokeshire (GBR) & Mostar (BIH)
• 2012 - 3rd Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Corsica (FRA)
• 2011 - 2nd Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in La Rochelle (FRA)
• 2011 - Winner Marmeeting
• 2011 & 2012 - Winner High Diving World Cup
Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series ranking
2018 - 4th overall
2017 - 8th overall
2016 - 4th overall
2015 & 2014 - 7th overall
2013 & 2012 - 6th overall
2011 - 3rd overall
2010 - 9th overall
2009 - 7th overall