- Adriana Jimenez
- Date of Birth:
- Resides in:
- Mexico City
"I love dancing, and I hate running," says two-time overall runner-up Adriana Jimenez from Mexico City. That explains why the 34-year-old never launches from the 21m-platform with a running take-off, a manoeuvre that has seen a huge upward trend lately. Rather she puts all her power into the perfect form in the air – elegance, engagement and effort.
Her flawless style has turned 'Ady' into a constant force in the women's cliff diving world, where she holds the sole record for participating in all 24 competitions since the introduction of the female category in 2014; one third of which the Mexican powerhouse finished on the podium.
In 2018, the Mexican enjoyed her best season to date, and with two wins and a second place to her name that year she was the epitome of consistency. Jimenez carried a 20-point lead into the final showdown in Italy, but - just like the year before - ultimately rival Rhiannan Iffland surged to a third title.
"Winning the title would mean one dream realized," says the former cheerleader, "and to put the colours of my country on top of the high diving world is one of the goals I'd love to achieve." Someone who once secured a place in the Olympic Games for Mexico, is confident enough to step it up once again.
• Only athlete who competed in all World Series events since 2014
• 2017 1st victory Red Bull Cliff Diving Women's World Series in Azores (POR)
• 2017 2nd FINA High Diving World Championships
• 2015 2nd Red Bull Cliff Diving Women's World Series in São Miguel, Azores (POR)
• 2014 2nd Red Bull Cliff Diving Women's World Series in Yucatán (MEX, wildcard)
• 2004 19th 10m Platform World Cup and Pre-Olympics in Athens (GRE), securing a place for Mexico in the Olympic Games